Sort and Filter in Excel
The filter feature applies a slip the length of menuto each column heading, allowing you to choose specific choices to narrow a table. Using the above example, allocates interpret you wanted to filter your table by Company and Salesperson. Specifically, you painful sensation to locate the number of sales
To do this using the filter you would:
- Go to the Data tab on Excel ribbon
- Select the Filter tool
- Select Eastern Company from the dropdown menu
- Select Dylan Rogers from the Salesperson dropdown menu
- Select a cell in the column you want to sort.
- On the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, do one of the following:
- To quick sort in ascending order, click (Sort A to Z).
To quick sort in descending order, click (Sort Z to A).