Remove Duplicate Data In Excel Just 5 Steps
Below are 5 steps to removing duplicate values in Excel:
- Select the range of cells, or make sure that the active cell is in a table.
- On the Data tab, in the Data Tools group, click Remove Duplicates.
3.Do one or more of the following:
- Under Columns, select one or more columns.
- To quickly select all columns, click Select All.
- To quickly clear all columns, click Unselect All.
If the range of cells or table contains many columns and you want to only select a few columns, you may find it easier to click Unselect All, and then under Columns, select those columns.
Note: Excel displays a message indicating how many duplicate values were removed and how many unique values remain, or if no duplicate values were removed.
Congratulations. You now can run through these easy steps to speedily surgically remove any duplicate data in your Excel spreadsheets! Note: You cannot sever duplicate values from data that is outlined or that has subtotals. To sever duplicates, you must remove both the outline and the subtotals.